Sample Modeling Brass is a bundle of acoustically modeled brass instruments with amazing sound and expression. Read on, or Watch Video here.
What is Sample Modeling Brass?
It is based on acoustic modeling of the sounds, which gives you incredible control over the sound and expression.
I also want to say that I use a Breath Controller to add expression when playing Sample Modeling Brass, which is not required, but I personally recommend it. Because breath is the way to play real brass instruments, so it will sound the most natural when you perform it in your DAW.
My Positive Feedback
- Incredible control over the sound design, tone and character.
- Amazing performance expression controls.
- Feels and plays more like a real instrument, with the minor variations that happens naturally for each note you play.
- Reduces the post production time since you perform most of the expression.
- Takes much faster to load in your templates, since it uses way less RAM than traditional sample libraries.
My Constructive Feedback
- It is a bit more CPU intensive (but use less RAM)
- Sample modeling brass only supports monophonic, meaning playing one note at a time.
My Final Thoughts
Personally I am a huge fan of acoustic modeled instruments like sample modeling brass, because I really love to perform the instruments, and to make them sound as realistic as possible, with lots of expression and control over the tone and character of each note.
Your Action Time
Join my Music Composer Academy – It’s Free to Sign Up.
Level Up your Skills and Advance your Career as a Music Composer.
PS. I wish you Great Success on your Professional Journey in Music! =)
Mikael “Mike” Baggström
Music Composer | Sound Designer
My name is Mikael “Mike” Baggström, and I am a composer, sound designer, artist, video creator, coffee lover, and true nerd…
PS. Join my Email List for Special Bonuses, Updates etc. =)