Do you want to make spooky music that would work great for a Halloween Theme. Music with a darker vibe, and a creepy atmosphere.
This style of music could also work in scary movies, high tension scenes, dark atmospheric soundtrack music for video games, and so on.
I have some great tips to get you started making spooky and dark music in no time:
7 Tips on Making Halloween Music
- Use Minor Chords as the Foundation
- Take Advantage of Diminished/Augmented Chords
- Dance around the Perfect 5th (b5 and #5)
- Add Non-Diatonic Chords, Harmonies and Intervals
- Play more in the Lower Dynamic Range
- Arrange your Music to be more Sparse (minimalism)
- Use Sounds with a Lot of Character and Tension