This is a quick guide and free chord chart for the Emaj7 chord.
Emaj7 is short for E Major 7th chord. It is based on a major triad, but adds a major 7th note to create the major 7th chord. This creates a very open and pleasing sound, with a distinct major quality. If you want a complete piano chord guide PDF – click here.
How to Play the Emaj7 Chord on Piano
As with all 7th chords, you can play them in 4 different ways depending on the order you choose for the chord notes. Chord inversions are named from the bass note (meaning the lowest chord note in the voicing you choose), like this: C/G (where G is the lowest note). If there is no slash, it means the chord should be played in standard root position.
Emaj7 Chord Quick Guide
- Chord Pattern: Root + M3 + P5 + M7
- Common Notation: EM7 or Emaj7
Here are the notes of the Emaj7 Chord:
- Root = E
- M3 = G#
- P5 = B
- M7 = D#
Emaj7 Piano Chord Charts
1. Emaj7 (Root Position) = E + G# + B + D#
2. Emaj7/G# (1st Inversion) = G# + B + D# + E
3. Emaj7/B (2nd Inversion) = B + D# + E + G#
4. Emaj7/D# (3rd Inversion) = D# + E + G# + B
Piano Chord Chart PDF – Complete Guide
If you want a complete piano chord guide PDF – click here.