This is a quick guide and free chord chart for the Bbmin7 chord.
Bbmin7 is short for Bb minor 7th chord. It is based on a minor triad, but adds a minor 7th note to create the minor 7th chord. This creates a very emotional and rich sound, with a distinct minor quality. If you want a complete piano chord guide PDF – click here.
How to Play the Bbmin7 Chord on Piano
As with all 7th chords, you can play them in 4 different ways depending on the order you choose for the chord notes. Chord inversions are named from the bass note (meaning the lowest chord note in the voicing you choose), like this: C/G (where G is the lowest note). If there is no slash, it means the chord should be played in standard root position.
Bbmin7 Chord Quick Guide
- Chord Pattern: Root + m3 + P5 + m7
- Common Notation: Bbm7 or Bbmin7
Here are the notes of the Bbmin7 Chord:
- Root = Bb
- m3 = Db
- P5 = F
- m7 = Ab
Bbmin7 Piano Chord Charts
1. Bbmin7 (Root Position) = Bb + Db + F + Ab
2. Bbmin7/Db (1st Inversion) = Db + F + Ab + Bb
3. Bbmin7/F (2nd Inversion) = F + Ab + Bb + Db
4. Bbmin7/Ab (3rd Inversion) = Ab + Bb + Db + F
Piano Chord Chart PDF – Complete Guide
If you want a complete piano chord guide PDF – click here.