This is a quick guide and free chord chart for the Abmin7 chord.
Abmin7 is short for Ab minor 7th chord. It is based on a minor triad, but adds a minor 7th note to create the minor 7th chord. This creates a very emotional and rich sound, with a distinct minor quality. If you want a complete piano chord guide PDF – click here.
How to Play the Abmin7 Chord on Piano
As with all 7th chords, you can play them in 4 different ways depending on the order you choose for the chord notes. Chord inversions are named from the bass note (meaning the lowest chord note in the voicing you choose), like this: C/G (where G is the lowest note). If there is no slash, it means the chord should be played in standard root position.
Abmin7 Chord Quick Guide
- Chord Pattern: Root + m3 + P5 + m7
- Common Notation: Abm7 or Abmin7
Here are the notes of the Abmin7 Chord:
- Root = Ab
- m3 = B
- P5 = Eb
- m7 = Gb
Abmin7 Piano Chord Charts
1. Abmin7 (Root Position) = Ab + B + Eb + Gb
2. Abmin7/B (1st Inversion) = B + Eb + Gb + Ab
3. Abmin7/Eb (2nd Inversion) = Eb + Gb + Ab + B
4. Abmin7/Gb (3rd Inversion) = Gb + Ab + B + Eb
Piano Chord Chart PDF – Complete Guide
If you want a complete piano chord guide PDF – click here.